FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Chrome - needs tools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Chrome - needs tools
    Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 9:55am
The only thing that is keeping Chrome from an excellent rating is lack of tools. But I am sure that is going to be the best part of the future version.

Download Google Chrome
Searching is fast and easy with Google's web browser.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 9:59am
2 new cool tools:
1. Incognito - private no footprint web browsing,
2. Web developer tools to see source code.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 10:01am
I'm using it right now to post to this forum. No problems so far. But I miss my Google Spell checker. Hey wait, the spell checker is built in. Wow that is excellent.

Edited by Ian MacCosley - Sep/03/2008 at 10:06am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 10:05am
I can't figure out why Google wouldn't just keep the Mozilla brand.

And why call it Chrome? -The dialog box is outlined with a chrome color to indicate it is active.
.308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 10:05am
Using Chrome also. Looks kind of ho-hum, like most other Google apps.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 10:08am
Here is a link to a few short videos Google did on Chrome features.

http://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en-US/features.html
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
alexjsolis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexjsolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 10:15am
I really enjoy the sharp and clean look the browser has when compared to IE and Firefox
woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2008 at 11:19am
It has a funny EULA...

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services."
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2008 at 11:42am
That's crazy. In a Internet Nazi sort of way.
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
alexjsolis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexjsolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2008 at 1:49pm
I've only seen a few problems with the Google Chrome that have bugged me such as:

When displaying forum avatar gif's it seems to almost lag and move alot slower then when viewed with Firefox or IE. 

The scrolling seems a bit off in the browser, hard to describe but it seems to move much faster then with Firefox, which has been bugging me when browsing. 

When listening to PANDORA, skipping songs causes the window to lag and delays the song from playing by 20-30 seconds.  Possibly flash compatability issues?

Edited by alexjsolis - Sep/05/2008 at 1:50pm
John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2008 at 1:55pm
Personally, I like Google Chrome but it doesn't work with all my applications. So I use IE and Firefox. I need all three to test new content pages anyway.

Also I believe that Google Chrome is very fast. Much faster than IE and faster on some pages than Firefox.
Read my Blog: John Beagle
John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2008 at 1:57pm
Here is a good SEO tool for Chrome:

X -Browser SEO Tool

Edited by John Beagle - Dec/16/2008 at 1:58pm
Read my Blog: John Beagle
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2008 at 3:16pm
The best thing about google chrome is the ability to drag tabs out of the browser and create new windows
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic