FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DX10 and GeForce 8800

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DX10 and GeForce 8800
    Posted: Dec/12/2006 at 10:28am
Nvidia's GeForce 8800GTX and GTS are new DX10 cards out.  These cards are going for about $700 to $800 currently.  Probably better to wait to get one of these since there are very few games and applications out that use DirectX 10 and the price drop will be well worth the wait.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2007 at 2:59pm

Seven months later... I would have to say the 8800 GTS cards now offer a nice value. I picked up a 640mb 8800 GTS for right at $400 a few months back. Using the old 3dmark03 benchmark that I still had loaded my score more than doubled compared to my old 7800GTS.

P.S.

If you are in the market for one of these cards make sure your power supply can handle it before you just blindly buy something.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic