FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SWITCH & ROUTER CABLE PULL & INSTALLATION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rynoosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rynoosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWITCH & ROUTER CABLE PULL & INSTALLATION
    Posted: Apr/16/2008 at 12:37am

Hi,

here are six of us at the house and each needs to have his/her own pc, using ONE DSL conection.  I just bought an 8 port router...should i run the modem into the router, router into a Switch, then have the pcs patch into their wall jacks? any ideas...also who can tell me what the proper color combination & order of puching patch cables is please?

Edited by rynoosh - Apr/16/2008 at 12:38am
PEACE
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2008 at 8:18am
Yes, from internet to WAN port on router, and then all PC's will connect into the switch, wether that be straight to PC's or through wall jacks or patch panels it should not matter as long as you stay within the 100 meters distance limit.

The order for cat5 is "White Orange,  Orange, White Green, Blue, White Blue, Green, White Brown, Brown"

woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2008 at 12:14pm
If you are going to put wall jacks in, the jack itself has the colors labeled on them, so that is easy to do with your punch down tool. The cables you make should be in the order that Josh posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic