FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The End Of Windows XP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The End Of Windows XP
    Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 11:24am
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) is counting down the days until it is through with the Windows XP operating system for personal computers. 

The U.S. software titan used a blog post to remind the world that in two years it will no longer support the generations-old operating system that people have clung to despite the releases of successors Vista and Windows 7. 
"We want to acknowledge the two-year countdown to the end of Windows XP and Office 2003 support," Microsoft Marketing Director Stella Chernyak said. 

"Windows XP and Office 2003 were great software releases for their time, but the technology environment has shifted." 
She advised computer users, particularly businesses, to begin "migrating" machines to the latest versions of the programs well before Microsoft puts XP to rest on April 8, 2014. 
Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
Iscari View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iscari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 4:32pm
It is about time.  I am very pleased with the patience Microsoft has for people clinging to a very old operating system and that they still support it.  I feel as though most companies would have just ignored people who didn't upgrade to either of the two newer products.

Its really widely known that 7 is a great product and users and companies should have migrated to it by now, but definitely should going forward.

Whats crazy is by the time their 2 year warning is up, Windows 8 will be out, that will be 3 new operating systems.
On-Site Computer Service Technician, Networking and Repair Technicians
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 4:44pm
Windows XP was/is a great OS but it is time to move on.  I will admit that Vista wasn't the greatest OS and that is what most likely turned people away from upgrading from XP but Windows 7 is even better than XP ever was and maybe Windows 8 with work its way up the list. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic