FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Data Management and Backup is Important for SMBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
khujo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khujo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Data Management and Backup is Important for SMBs
    Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 9:50am
With all the hype around big data and cloud computing, you’d think that data management is only an enterprise issue. However, SMBs are also struggling to keep up with growth in data volumes and the cost and management around data storage and backup, not to mention compliance mandates....

Read the Full Article -- Big Pain for SMBs: Managing Data Growth and Backup
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2012 at 3:26pm
Good post!

It's a constant battle to educate SMB owners as to the importance of a solid data storage and backup plan. I wish I could say the could has made it easier.
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2012 at 3:44pm
According to a recent survey on Data Growth and Protection Trends, only 2% of companies are doing nothing for data backup. That’s down from previous studies that showed 15 to 20% of companies doing nothing – a positive trend.  

What’s more, an increasing number of companies are turning to cloud-based solutions for data backup, in order to minimize on-premise infrastructure and keep costs down. 
Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic