FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lance Can't Turn Off Windows 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brawlin Melgar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brawlin Melgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lance Can't Turn Off Windows 8
    Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 1:17pm

Lance Whitney may be a writer for c|net, but he isn't very smart when it comes to non-Apple computers.

He writes, and I quote, "With the Start button disappeared, shutting down Windows 8 can be a challenge. Here's how to coax the OS into turning itself off."

Now, Lance doesn't proport to be a an OS expert, but he does call himself a 'software trainer,' web developer and a journalist.

You would think a software trainer could figure out what my 4 year old did in seconds. It takes exactly the same number of clicks as it used to only now you shut down from the lower right hand side of the screen. Seems that is the least used real estate and I agree with Microsoft on the location change.

I have heard of people complain about change, but this is just nitpicking in the worst way, making a federal case out of something you do once a week or once a month or maybe even never. (I set my computer to upgrade in the middle of the night and then reboot. I essentially never have to shut down).

For those technically challenged (read: Mac Users) Microsoft needs to create a special desktop with a big shut down button. Maybe that would make Lance dance. lol

Send Me Your Press Release for Distribution on SMB News Now
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 2:41pm
Typical Apple User!

:)
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Iscari View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iscari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 11:20am
Wow, just wow.  I don't think I could ever take a word seriously from a person like that.  Sure some people are not as technically gifted as others, but if you cannot turn off a computer I feel like that a persons intelligence is being called into question.
On-Site Computer Service Technician, Networking and Repair Technicians
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic