FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1 Gig hard drive 20 years ago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 Gig hard drive 20 years ago
    Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 2:44pm
Just a fun post about some old technology.  The link contains a picture of a 1 GB hard drive 20 years ago.  It's amazing how much technology has changed in those years.

alexjsolis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexjsolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 4:12pm
Its amazing how far technology has come.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2007 at 10:47am

I worked a job back in 1987 where the drives were that very same size. Only in that cool set up the drive itself was in a portable pack, weighing about 20 pounds, and you would drop it in something the size and shape of a standard washing machine.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2007 at 2:51pm
^^ I think that is the HDD in my computer at work O.o
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic