FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$10K WoW character banned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $10K WoW character banned
    Posted: Sep/27/2007 at 4:39pm

A World of Warcraft player spends almost $10,000 on a character wielding 2 legendary weapons and hasn't been seen since.  Blizzard has a strick policy on character trading and this isn't the type of character that gets traded without anyone noticing.

Full story here:
Bill Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 10:49am
I'm pretty active in Eve Online, and I have a friend who has spent more than $5,000 this year on Eve Online between characters, currency, and a ship. Eve Online takes place in space, in spaceships, and the unique thing about Eve is that when you get your ship blown up, whether to other players or NPC spaceships, it's gone forever. You have to buy a new ship, with new weapons, armor, and other modules to arm your ship.

The ship he bought, he paid $2000 for it.

I've also brokered a deal between other players for a similar ship, for $2000, that I earned a $115 commission on. He lost the ship and likely a good $1,000 worth of currency in modules that were fitted to the ship... 3 days later. I know a Russian that pays his bills selling characters, isk, and ships to rich Americans.

Generally the people likely to spend most on video games are soldiers on deployment, because they have a lot of money and nothing to spend it on.
.308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 12:53pm

WoW how stupid can you be?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic