FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Chromebook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Chromebook
    Posted: May/11/2011 at 3:24pm
Samsung and Acer will each be offering Chromebook laptops starting June 15. 

The Samsung Chromebook will cost $429 for the Wi-Fi only version and $499 for the 3G version. Acer's Wi-Fi only Chromebook will cost $349.

But what is a Google Chromebook?

Google says Chromebooks are not typical notebooks. With a Chromebook you won’t wait minutes for your computer to boot and browser to start. You’ll be reading your email in seconds. Thanks to automatic updates the software on your Chromebook will get faster over time. Your apps, games, photos, music, movies and documents will be accessible wherever you are and you won't need to worry about losing your computer or forgetting to back up files. Chromebooks will last a day of use on a single charge, so you don’t need to carry a power cord everywhere. And with optional 3G, just like your phone, you’ll have the web when you need it. 

Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
joseph marsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joseph marsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2011 at 8:30am
Google is always number one. It is on the acme position in every industry for which it is working. And now it is launching chromebook. I think it will rock the market.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2011 at 11:18am
Looks really cool.  
ATS Rentals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATS Rentals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 5:24pm
Huge waste of money, I understand the concept, but a normal laptop that is more powerful can be had for cheaper (and with a hard drive too.) Google really dropped the ball on this one. They're already turning up for sale on craigslist.
ATS Rentals provides nationwide projector rental and lens rental services
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ATS Rentals ATS Rentals wrote:

Huge waste of money, I understand the concept, but a normal laptop that is more powerful can be had for cheaper (and with a hard drive too.) Google really dropped the ball on this one. They're already turning up for sale on craigslist.

I agree with that.

IMHO this is a classic attempt to "create a need and then fill it".

#fail

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Iscari View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iscari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2011 at 5:05pm
I watched the video the other day, and thought to myself... wow that's great.  Except for what happens when my internet goes out, which it did a month back due to some internal issue with Time Warner.

Then what?
On-Site Computer Service Technician, Networking and Repair Technicians
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic