FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Onsite PC services 21st century

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leslie53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Onsite PC services 21st century
    Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 11:37am
 Providing PC services in the 21st century has evolved and all Repair Techs should be thanking
 the computer god. I am...
Because I realize more and more that its no longer necessary for me to be employed
by one of the "Big Boys" at employee rates to ply my trade and make good money.
In fact most of the "big Boys" are gone, except maybe Fire Dog, and they survive by the
grace of Best Buy. I would guess that very shortly Best Buy will realize that that asspect of their
business would be better served outsourced. For sure, any tech that has a presense on the net
have been contacted be some recruiter offering jobs providing Onsite Services for some BIIIG Client. At first it looks good, who wouldn't want to lock up 4-5 pc repairs a day at $75-125 per,
thats what its worth right?
It only looks good until you observe the rates they offer.
I had a recruiter email my an offer that included, pick-up part from fedex, go to site,
complete ticket (no time limit), return defective part, and submitt paper work,
FOR HOW MUCH, FOR HOW MUCH, 1MORE TIME, FOR HOW MUCH...   $25 PER TICKET
I laughted so hard, that I bumped the table and spilled my coffee, I got mad and replied with
"ARE YOU CRAZY????"

Thats my point, the market is changing to the techs advantage, via the internet service providers
and customers are experiencing easier access to each other, allowing for the customer to recieve
services at actual rates, less when from SP direct and much more when through Greedy Middle Man.
Most significant the technician, who provides 99.9% of the services can make the type of $$$$
that he should for recovering, restoring, and reawakening some bodies, personnality extention
their PC. When you do that good they love you. (customers)

I have more to say about that...
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 8:04am
You should join the Tech Army Organization

If you sign up and then get accepted into the Tech Army, you could earn new business for your company. By joining you will be on the road to receiving leads, requests for quotes and referrals. One word of caution: All members are held to the highest standard of performance and are ranked and rated.* The highest ranked companies get the most opportunities.  
http://www.tech-army.org/sign-up.asp

Originally posted by leslie53 leslie53 wrote:

Providing PC services in the 21st century has evolved and all Repair Techs should be thanking
 the computer god. I am...
Because I realize more and more that its no longer necessary for me to be employed
by one of the "Big Boys" at employee rates to ply my trade and make good money.
In fact most of the "big Boys" are gone, except maybe Fire Dog, and they survive by the
grace of Best Buy. I would guess that very shortly Best Buy will realize that that asspect of their
business would be better served outsourced. For sure, any tech that has a presense on the net
have been contacted be some recruiter offering jobs providing Onsite Services for some BIIIG Client. At first it looks good, who wouldn't want to lock up 4-5 pc repairs a day at $75-125 per,
thats what its worth right?
It only looks good until you observe the rates they offer.
I had a recruiter email my an offer that included, pick-up part from fedex, go to site,
complete ticket (no time limit), return defective part, and submitt paper work,
FOR HOW MUCH, FOR HOW MUCH, 1MORE TIME, FOR HOW MUCH...   $25 PER TICKET
I laughted so hard, that I bumped the table and spilled my coffee, I got mad and replied with
"ARE YOU CRAZY????"

Thats my point, the market is changing to the techs advantage, via the internet service providers
and customers are experiencing easier access to each other, allowing for the customer to recieve
services at actual rates, less when from SP direct and much more when through Greedy Middle Man.
Most significant the technician, who provides 99.9% of the services can make the type of $$$$
that he should for recovering, restoring, and reawakening some bodies, personnality extention
their PC. When you do that good they love you. (customers)

I have more to say about that...
Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
SprinTech-WI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SprinTech-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:36pm
Gotta LOVE FS right???? hehehe 

Hoping WM is better, but thank goodness myself and my employees don't depend upon contract work!!

TechArmy isn't bad, not much happening up here in WI with them though.
Sprinter Technology Services
Plover WI
www.SprinTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech
sales@SprinTech.us
leslie53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the advise
i regitered today

leslie53
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2011 at 9:18am
Sprint-Tech..

I had a giant lead come in yesterday for a 19 IP cam security system in Milwaukee.

Do you guys do any work down there?
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
SprinTech-WI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SprinTech-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by arwendt arwendt wrote:

Sprint-Tech..

I had a giant lead come in yesterday for a 19 IP cam security system in Milwaukee.

Do you guys do any work down there?

We do, give me a call or email.

Chris@SprinterTech.us
715-204-4040
Sprinter Technology Services
Plover WI
www.SprinTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech
sales@SprinTech.us
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic