FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Chrome - Securest Browser There Is?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adamwlewis View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Chrome - Securest Browser There Is?
    Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 9:50am
I just read an article about a hacking competition in which the contestants are paid thousands of dollars for finding exploits to the most popular browsers on the market, including Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Mozilla's Firefox, Apple's Safari, and Google's Chrome. What I found very interesting was the fact that every year someone finds an exploit in IE, Firefox, and Safari, but no one has yet to find an exploit in Chrome. That's impressive.

This year Google is giving $20,000 to someone who can find an exploit in it's browser; I can't wait til March 9th to see if anyone can "rise" to the challenge.

read more about adam lewis on his blog

Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 3:19pm
Google's participation in this year's Pwn2Own may be a mark of its confidence that Chrome can't be hacked. Although Chrome has been one of the browser targets at Pwn2Own since 2009, no researcher has exploited the browser and grabbed the cash.
Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 8:55am
I try and use Chrome exclusive, unfortunately I sometimes run across a drop down or some other type feature on a web site Chrome does not interpret just right. . .

arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 12:16pm
I use Chrome exclusively too.. until I need to check an order status on Dell.com. Then I curse because it won't display that page correctly and I have to start all over again in FireFox.

But impressive they are so secure!
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
debrah.h48 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debrah.h48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 6:54am
Nice post related to all browsers. I use Google Chrome and good to hear that no one has exploited that browser.
DarcyM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarcyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 8:30am

To exploit a sandboxed program like Chrome, researchers require not one but two vulnerabilities: The first to allow their attack code to escape the sandbox, and a second to exploit a Chrome bug.

Darcy Mann
Rentacomputer.com
Director of Rental Operations
Technology Travel Agent
Office 800-736-8772 ext 242   
Email darcy@rentacomputer.com
Brawlin Melgar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brawlin Melgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 1:54pm
I use Chrome, Firefox and IE, in that order.

Never had a problem with security, but I always keep my browsers up to date.
Send Me Your Press Release for Distribution on SMB News Now
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 1:56pm
Chrome is what...like the 5th most popular browser. It's not a target like IE yet. 

Lets talk about this again when chrome has over 50% market share. Only then would it make sense 
Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
madelinekim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madelinekim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 1:46am
Yes, google chrome is one of the fastest and secure web browser which you can easily used for surfing anything from the internet. Nowadays security is most important thing for all people to secure our data from unwanted malware and spyware.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic