FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Quad Core Price Cuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel Quad Core Price Cuts
    Posted: Jul/24/2007 at 10:57am

In a move that could just add to the problems over at AMD, Intel yesterday announced price cuts on their Quad Core CUP line. Many of their Quad Core chip prices were cut by a massive 50%. The Q6600 will after the price cut be at a very attractive $266 price point making it the only sub $300 quad on the market. I would say by this time next year Quad Core CPUs will be a major portion of the new systems market.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2007 at 5:56pm
Thats amazing. My son is looking for a new computer and specifically said, "Who needs quad core?" and he wants to spend $2k for a school notebook.

If I could only get him to wait a bit, he could really benefit from this new processor. Being a gamer, math guy, I bet he would appreciate if if he did wait.
Read my Blog: John Beagle
alexjsolis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexjsolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2007 at 5:23pm
If only i had waited a couple of weeks to buy my new computer.  
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2007 at 3:40pm
You can always wait, there will always be something better around the corner.

.308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2007 at 4:01pm

All waiting aside: What a sub $300 Quad Core means is that in the near future we will start seeing affordable systems using the chip from the major manufactures such as HP and Dell. This should help drive down the price of non Quad Core units.  So this has the potential, in a short period of time, to give the consumer more options and a better value. I plan on building an Intel Quad Core within the next year as a replacement for my aging AMD Dual Core.

Bill Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2007 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Josh Van Cleave Josh Van Cleave wrote:

You can always wait, there will always be something better around the corner.

Good incentive never to buy anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic