FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6 months later: a Vista report card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 months later: a Vista report card
    Posted: Jul/16/2007 at 11:40am
A hardcore Windows fan reviewed and ultimately gave the thumbs down to Vista, citing lack of functionality as the main cause. That seems to be the popular sentiment right now. Vista is flashier, and it has some neat features, but it just doesn't work very well.

Microsoft, whose Windows OS operates 93% of PCs worldwide, is of course not worried. Microsoft expects that Vista will be installed on the 'vast majority' of PCs worldwide in about five years. It'll probably take 5 years to stop sucking, though.

6 months later, a report card on Vista
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2007 at 2:30pm

I have stopped counting all the little problems I have seen since installing Vista. I do remember the last one as it upset my 11 year old. That being the word from tech support that her Disney ToonTown Online Service was Not Vista Compatible.

Edited by arwendt - Jul/16/2007 at 2:31pm
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
alexjsolis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexjsolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2007 at 5:56pm

From what i have seen so far there still isnít a good reason to upgrade to vista.  Looks like the maximum pc guys werenít far off.

John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2007 at 3:03pm
I have to agree with alexjsolis. I upgraded and I'm no happy.

Vista makes for more work than XP. You have to approve everything. Open an excel spreadsheet with a macro and you get stopped. Photos all receive warnings even after approving time and time again that the content is safe.

Most of the problems stem from Microsoft trying to be more secure. Right now the medicine is worse than the disease.

Edited by John Beagle - Jul/17/2007 at 3:04pm
Read my Blog: John Beagle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic