FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I vs | is Spam/No Spam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I vs | is Spam/No Spam
    Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 9:27am

An internal email from one of our software engineers.

I thought I would share this with you because it makes sense and can help you get your email through.

--------------------------------------------------

"Recently we've been getting marked as spam a little more often than normal. I investigated into why and it appears that some people are using the "I" in their signature to represent a pipe "|". This makes spam filters think our signatures are spammy, and thus, we get blocked."

Please verify that you are using a pipe character "|" when appropriate, and not a capital i "I". The pipe character is located on the key direct above the "Enter" key, and is the Shifted version of "\".

Please make sure to update your signature in the Tech-Army Command Center and Outlook.

Any questions, let me know, thanks!

Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 9:40am
LOL.  I needed that!  Be sure not to use the letter X either as the letter X has sharp corners and can get stuck in a router causing the delivery delay messages.  haha

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic