FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer Tech needs help with error!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trevorz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer Tech needs help with error!
    Posted: Oct/26/2010 at 10:06am
Hey everyone,

First - sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, I am in a hurry and just need some help!

Okay here's my issue. I have many customers calling me about a "stack overflow at line (then the number here changes)"

I've done everything that I can think of, and still am getting this error on people's machines. It mainly sounds like in internet explorer.

Can any of my fellow tech's help me out here?
Any idea's, tips, tricks, or advice if you've been through it too, are helpful here.

Thank you all!
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2010 at 10:14am
It sounds like a Internet Explorer problem.  Does this error always come up on the same page or is it multiple pages?  You might want to try to reset your Internet Explorer settings back to factory defaults.  Close the browser and try it again.   Maybe try a different browser also to try and narrow down the problem.
trevorz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2010 at 10:18am
Scott, thank you for the information. It doesn't seem to be the same page, as one customer of mine is trying to play a slots game i believe and I'm not sure what the other customer is on. I did have one of my customers switch to Mozilla, haven't heard back from him, but will definitely see if that worked for him.

Keep the idea's rolling!
trevorz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2010 at 10:50am
Update: the customer is experiencing "Stack Overflow at line 9". She states this is the only line number that she gets, and it pops up EVERY time she opens up the internet, all websites. If the window is minimized and she is doing some other program on the computer, the error will still pop up. Idea's?
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 3:27pm
A few ideas that I would try would be:
Resetting Internet Options to factory defaults under control panels
Disabling all IE addins
Try a different browser
If it is a Windows XP computer, you could try the Winsock IP Fix

arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:43pm
Good idea to try another browser. If the error continues in another browser (firefox, chrome, safari) you are in trouble and might need to reload. Just sayin'.
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic