FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9500 malicious websites discovered a day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9500 malicious websites discovered a day
    Posted: Jun/06/2007 at 4:56pm
Sophos is finding on avereage, 9500 websites a day who's intent is to infect your computer with a virus. Most of these attacks are from China. There are currently over 450,000 web sites with malicious code. Check out the whole story here: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32290/108/
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2007 at 2:38pm
Sorry for the late reply but does anyone know why most of these attacks would come form China? What could any one country have to gain by being such a source of trouble on the internet?
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2007 at 2:48pm

Oh my gosh!

After a few minutes of research i see that according to Sophos this problem has skyrocketed over the last month.

As of July 2 the estimated daily number of malicious web sites going up is 30,000 per day.

It appears that hackers are turning their efforts away from e-mail and using simple web pages to defraud or compromise the security of their visitors.

The most shocking thing I read was that 80% of these 30,000 malicious sites were preexisting sites that were hacked.

Source: informationweek.com

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2007 at 11:15pm
Thank god we have the Baracuda Firewall for internet email.

We get hundreds of potentially harmful attacks per hour here at Tech Army Headquarters. The Baracuda virtually knocks out all incoming viruses.

We tried other anti-virus anti-spam  solutions, but there allowed allot of crap thru. Not good. We even had an infection on one workstation.
Read my Blog: John Beagle
Bill Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2007 at 9:33am
Curious, that they mostly come from China. I suppose the most populous country in the world has to fill a significant internet demographic, even more so as they catch up with Western technology.
Bill Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2007 at 9:53am
According to this article from PCWorld.com, sites like these are generated in a matter of a couple seconds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic