FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speed Up Windows XP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speed Up Windows XP
    Posted: Jul/29/2010 at 8:00pm
Here are 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Windows XP... 
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2010 at 1:25pm
Good list!

If you have a PC with under 1GB of RAM you definitely need to upgrade!

My friend had a laptop with XP on it and 1GB of RAM. He took it up to 2GB and it makes a world of difference.

Do it!
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
ravendawson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravendawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 6:36pm

Speedup Windows XP by turning off your indexing service, disabling unused Windows features, switching to classic mode, removing unnecessary programs, and installing an anti-spyware, anti-virus, or anti-malware program. You can also run a disk cleanup tool as well as a disk defragmenter. If you want to add more RAM, you may do so too. Increasing your RAM is actually a good idea, especially if you cannot afford to lose some of the programs you have on your computer.

Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 9:05am
More RAM is the easiest, but not necessarily the cheapest.  Most systems running XP, in need of a speed boost, were sold several years ago and thus only have 512MB RAM.  Increasing that RAM to 2 Gigs will significantly speed up the box, and is pretty cheap too.
martinking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2012 at 1:10am
There is one software which I have used name "Tweak Up" to speed my Windows XP OS and it really helped me a lot to increase the speed of Windows XP. Nowadays, I am using Windows 7 and its the best I have ever used. 
cbhattarai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbhattarai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2012 at 5:26am
If you want to Speen-up yout Laptop Speed then:
1. Turn OFF Wi-Wi and Bluetooth when not needed.
2. Turn OFF other app..
3. Charge  yur battery till 97 % and recharger when it come to 12 to 15 %.
pollostar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pollostar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 1:12am
For increasing windows XP speed you need to follow some tips:
- clean up temp files and cache files.
- upgrade RAM.
- Clean computer registry .
- Remove spyware and malware.
- Perform a disk clean up.
- Remove unneeded software.
- Remove unused fonts.
- optimise pagefile.

tigerparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 4:58am
Good tips and working..
dlorah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlorah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 9:45am
I agree with pollostar PC tune-up is the best way to speed up your XP
Offering executive quality tech support for home users homeitservice.
madelinekim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madelinekim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 5:00am
Speed of windows XP depends on some factors such as check spyware and virus, remove registry errors and the uninstall unneeded programs. To speed UP XP I suggest  to use powerful computer optimizer software-Topckit. It will solve all the problems.

Rojer Fredrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rojer Fredrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 6:25am
How to speed up the window xp tell me about some steps also?
dlorah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlorah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Rojer Fredrick Rojer Fredrick wrote:

How to speed up the window xp tell me about some steps also?

There are many methods or steps to speed up your windows xp you may try this 5
1. Customize your visual effect  or select the visual settings to set for best performance
. Clean your computer with any registry cleaner
3. Scan and Remove spyware and viruses
4. Run disk clean up
5. Perform Defragmentation click analyze first

Offering executive quality tech support for home users homeitservice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic