New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dvorak Predicts Microsoft's Demise, Again & Again
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dvorak Predicts Microsoft's Demise, Again & Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dvorak Predicts Microsoft's Demise, Again & Again
    Posted: Jul/24/2009 at 5:11pm
Is John Dvorak stuck on stupid or what? He had predicted the demise of Microsoft since the early 90s. I try to avoid reading his stuff, but there it is again, right there on Market watch. 

He says, "Everyone knew the day would come when the fortunes of Microsoft Corp. would reverse. The company might now be in actual decline."

Right, the article continues to point out every failure Microsoft ever had. If i remember correctly, Thomas Edison had quite a few failures before success with the lightbulb.

I give kudos to Seve Ballmer and Microsoft for trying in the face of criticism.  Excel, and Windows Networking are two projected failures that are industry standards with huge profit margins. 

No Mr. Dvorak, Microsoft isn't about to end the party. Its best years are ahead of them. The only thing you make is false assumptions. Hey, at least you're trying.
Visit My Favourite Laptop Blog
John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2009 at 2:37pm
Perhaps Dvorak ought to look at Microsoft's pipeline before writing them off.

Windows 7 looks like a real winner and will revolutionize the power we get from our computers.

I think Divorak has a negative view on alot of things. on his website dvorak.com he explains why open source sucks too. Everything sucks in his world. He is the Andy Rooney of technology.

He also says the American Media Sucks
Seagate Support Sucks
Meticallica Sucks Balls
His solid state drive rad 0 array - sucks

At least his has some balance to his viewpoint. I submit this as evidence:
5 reasons why Apple TV Sucks

Read my Blog: John Beagle
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2009 at 10:21am
I think he has been around so long he has turned into the local nightly news. He knows he will get more attention writing about train wrecks than any sort of positive story. What was that Don Henley song.. Dirty Laundry.. I'm thinking that's the Dvorak model these days.
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2009 at 12:48pm
I thnk arwendt has a good point, he knows he will get more attention yelling about what sucks and what is going to fail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic