FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Preferred Cameras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Schiering View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Schiering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Preferred Cameras
    Posted: Feb/16/2007 at 5:16pm

I have been in the CCTV Surveillance field with Camera Security Now for 7 years.  I have worked with a wide variety of manufacturers and cameras.  I have finally settled on several cameras that I prefer to quote and install.

In a Standard Body Camera, if the client needs a quality Day/Night Camera that will produce a good image, I always quote the Samsung SCC-B2300

Camera.  It has excellent specs and a reasonable price.

I usually match it up with a Shimazu 2.8-12mm Vari-Focal Auto Iris Lens.  The 2.8-12mm vari-focal range lets the client tailor the recorded image to their preferences while installing the camera.

SCC-B2300 Spec Sheet

I have my favorites, but I am always open to suggestions and new Ideas.  So please post your favorite cameras and we will compare them.

Edited by arwendt - Mar/01/2007 at 2:13pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Schiering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2007 at 3:02pm

My Favorite Outdoor Vandal Proof Dome Camera

In an Outdoor Vandal Proof Dome Camera I prefer a model from COP.  It has a High Impact IP66 Aluminum Casing, making it a serious vandal proof dome.  You can mount it on a ceiling or a wall and it has decent specs at an affordable price.

Standard configuration include a 4mm lens, 420TVL, 0.1 Lux and it runs on 12VDC.

You can also get the a model with a 3.5mm to 8mm Vari-Focal Lens.

15-CD45DVP Spec Sheet

Sales info on the 15-CD45DVP

Edited by Bill Schiering - Feb/26/2007 at 3:09pm
Technology Consulting For The SMB and Academic Community
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Schiering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2007 at 10:41am

My Favorite Entry Level Bullet Camera

If your customers are more cost conscious than quality conscious, I have had a lot of luck with a GSS100 Color Bullet Camera.  It is not the typical bullet camera, it is white and will blend in with an office environment better that a black bullet camera.  The specs are decent, 350tvl, SH CCD with a 3.6mm lens.  The best part is the price point.  It is so reasonable, you can get a decent markup on it and still make it attractive to your client.

It is a perfect fit with Camera Security Nows GV600 CCTV DVR Camera Security System.

GSS100 Spec Sheet

Sales info on the GSS100

Technology Consulting For The SMB and Academic Community
janebush08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janebush08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2009 at 3:20am
Very nice useful information Bill Schiering... thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic