FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here come the terabyte drives!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here come the terabyte drives!
    Posted: Jan/09/2007 at 4:20pm
Hitachi is releasing the The Deskstar 7K1000, a one TB drive, which will cost $399 when it comes out. That comes to about 40 cents a gigabyte. Hitachi will also come out with a similar 750GB drive. Rival Seagate Technology will come out with a 1 terabyte drive in the first half of 2007.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2007 at 9:47am

I know that will be a great help to the Camera Security industry. The higher end Dell DVR Servers sold by CameraSecurityNow.com are currently shipping with 500GB drives and the chance to double that is very exciting.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
John Beagle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2007 at 12:09pm
Sweet, now I can save my data uncompressed in original format! Ain't technology great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic