FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems printing on a Vista machine from share?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adamdtechnology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamdtechnology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems printing on a Vista machine from share?
    Posted: Dec/19/2008 at 8:54pm
I had a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG drawn out session of not being able to print from my BRAND NEW Vista to a printer shared from an XP machine.  I found finally that I needed to increase my IRP Stack Size.  WTF you might ask is an IRP Stack Size, well I still dont know, but it worked. 

Here is a fix that I found, that is guranteed to work!!  Check this out, the article title is for something else, but the fix worked.

If you have any problems, I will be more than happy to help.  Have a good day all!!
Adam Dellos
Adam D. Technology
www.adamdtechnology.com
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 3:26pm
Was the error you were receiving "Not enough server storage is available to process this command."?

Here is the fix from the article you posted in case the link breaks:
To resolve this behavior, increase the IRPStackSize value in the registry:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  4. In the right pane, double-click the IRPStackSize value.

NOTE: If the IRPStackSize value does not already exist, use the following procedure to create it:
    1. In the Parameters folder of the registry, right-click the right pane.
    2. Point to New, and then click DWord Value.
    3. Type IRPStackSize.

IMPORTANT: Type "IRPStackSize" exactly as it is displayed because the value name is case-sensitive.
  5. Change the Base to decimal.
  6. In the Value Data box, type a value that is larger than the value that is listed.

If you created the IRPStackSize value using the procedure described in step 4, the default value is 15. It is recommended that you increase the value by 3. Therefore, if the previous value was 11, type 14, and then click OK.
  7. Close the Registry Editor.
  8. Restart the computer.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic