FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electronic Arts - Layoffs and losses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electronic Arts - Layoffs and losses
    Posted: Nov/12/2008 at 9:56am
Looks like another bad quarter for the folks behind the Madden NFL game series. This time they will lay off 500 workers after reporting a loss of $310 million in the last quarter which ended Sep 30, 2008.

With game prices at record highs and their total revenues up 40% from a year ago I really wonder what they are doing wrong.

Edited by .308 - Nov/12/2008 at 9:56am
woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2008 at 4:30pm
I don't know what they are doing either... If there is a huge game coming out, EA probably has a part in it nowadays.
xmhoward View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xmhoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2008 at 4:36pm
Man what could they possible be doing to loose money. EA has so many games that are huge successes that this is hard to believe.
Xbox 360 Hub
Please view my blog for anything you need to know about your xbox - Mike H
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2008 at 9:44am
There games are bad
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2008 at 10:37am
Warhammer Online is an EA game and I bet it just lost half of its subscriptions due to Wrath of the Lich King coming out today.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2008 at 6:13pm
WOW FTL

GW2 FTW!
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 10:48am
GW2 = Guild Wars 2?  Lawl
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 1:34pm
GW2 if for the MMO fans that like good graphics as opposed to good game play

Smile
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2008 at 4:21pm
I dont like either!  That is why I play SWG..  Ermm
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2008 at 4:50pm
If you want good game play go to a park with a basketball and some friends.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2008 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by arwendt arwendt wrote:

If you want good game play go to a park with a basketball and some friends.

This confuses me ^^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic