FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vista to shorten laptop battery life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vista to shorten laptop battery life
    Posted: Dec/19/2006 at 10:32am

Notebook PC users who upgrade to Microsoft's Windows Vista may have to disable some of the new operating system's flashy graphics features to avoid seeing a decrease in battery life compared to when running Windows XP.

The drop will come from the extra power needed to run the high-end processors, graphics cards, and memory capacity required to support Vista.

yoshi911911911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshi911911911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2007 at 11:38am
I can only imagine I'm sure there are more processes running in the background then Xp, which will use more cpu power, which will use more battery,  plus i think a lot of laptops aren't going to be able to upgrade to vista, or at least run it well.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2007 at 2:57pm
Yea the requirements to run vista are kinda steep.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic