FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese Are Pirates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xmhoward View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xmhoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese Are Pirates
    Posted: Oct/23/2008 at 5:18pm
This is a great article that tells how microsoft is now implementing a black screen of death that will kick in if it see that your computer does not have genuine software in china.

The Chinese people responses to the new security measure are absolutely ridiculous.

Here is my favorite
"Why is Microsoft automatically connected with my computer? The computer is mine!" one angry blogger wrote on popular Chinese web portal Sina.com. "Microsoft has no right to control my hardware without my agreement."

No wait this one i cannot stop laughing about
"If the price of genuine software was lower than the fake one, who would buy the fake one?"

Link to article here
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2333050,00.asp

Edited by xmhoward - Oct/23/2008 at 5:24pm
Xbox 360 Hub
Please view my blog for anything you need to know about your xbox - Mike H
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2008 at 6:08pm

If Congress had any balls they would stop spending all their free time sucking up to Hollywood and their worries of MP3 downloads by college kids and do something about a real problem like software piracy in China.

O wait the US Treasury owes China 518 billion dollars. What was I tanking?
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Frederick Douglass - More at my Words of Freedom website.
woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2008 at 9:35am
A lot of Chinese do not have much expendable income in the first place. Piracy is rampant there.
Ian MacCosley View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian MacCosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2008 at 11:20am
Piracy isn't limited to software, songs and movies. The Chinese reverse engineer all sorts of products then produce pirated versions.

Think: shoes, music stands, sunglasses, us patents...

Edited by Ian MacCosley - Oct/24/2008 at 11:21am
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2008 at 1:51pm
Good point Ian.

Hers is an old but funny story about how Piracy in China is even hurting their own factories:

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Scott Gardner View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2008 at 2:02pm
Here is a post from another site that has to deal with the Chinese being upset with the new piracy notice.

woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2008 at 3:32pm
The CSIA, Chinese Software Inudstry Association, has announced that they will be suing Microsoft over this.
arwendt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2008 at 9:39am
I think Microsoft and other companies who face these Chinese piracy issues should simply announce that until China cracks down they will look to other countries to supply/manufacture their goods. 
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2008 at 12:26pm

Truth be known the Chinese Government is probably using illegal versions themselves..

woodio View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2008 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Josh Van Cleave Josh Van Cleave wrote:

Truth be known the Chinese Government is probably using illegal versions themselves..

Funny you should say that. They actually were. They released a piracy free government law recently that supposedly got legit versions on their machines.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2008 at 10:53am
At least they are attempting to get legal...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic